I also had a horrible experience with this company.I actually purchased a 50% off gift certificate through another company and thought what the heck - I'll give it a try.

I ordered my turkey online sunday night 11/21. The turkey was delivered via UPS on wednesday morning 11/24. Now mind you I live in Connecticut so it was being shipped from Georgia to CT and it went 2nd day ground. WELL, when it arrived I opened up the flimsy cardboard box and found the styrofoam cooler inside the box busted into 3 pieces with nothing in the carton to keep this turkey COLD.

It was sorta wrapped in green saran wrap but there was turkey juice everywhere in the box. I was putting this away for my son to take back to college with him so I took the bird out of the box to carve it up. Low and behold - it was still raw. The outside of the bird looked like it had been cooked but the rest of it was raw.

At that point I had to throw it out. I couldnt be sure the bird was even safe to eat after spending 2 days in a truck with out any type of cooling agent. I called the company right after I opened the package. The man that answered the phone took my name, order number and phone number and told me someone would call me back.

It is now a week later and still no return phone call.

I have tried calling again and now all I get is an answering machine.I will never use this company again and they will never get a good reference from me.

Had an Experience with Turkeezrus?

Comments

From what I understand, there was a death in the family around he holidays and they are not dealing well with it. I too purchased the 50% off coupon, ordered a turkey and the day it was to be delivered(just after xmas) received an email explaining the death, degree of grief and promise to honor in the future. Now, it is appearing they have just stopped and may have left us all hanging??

Similar story here...at least you got a turkey. Mine was not ready when I stopped by to pick it up. They were rude and if I tell you how dirty the place is you would feel ill.

Horrible company to do business with.Bought their Living Social deal and ordered my turkey the day it came out.

Wouldn'tt take my dog to eat there!!!!STAY AWAY!!!

Sweet Tea's Catfish & Blues Co.

6 reviews Rating Details

Wheelchair Accessible: Yes

Outdoor Seating: Yes

Good For: Lunch, Dinner

Alcohol: None

First to Review Denise H. Edit Business Info Work Here? Unlock This Business Page

Print Send to Friend Bookmark Send to Phone Update My Review Sponsored Result Pappasito's Cantina

57 reviews

Category: Tex-Mex

Location: Marietta, GA 1 free $10 Reward Card

Get a FREE $10 Reward Card when you buy $50 in Pappas Gift Cards from 11.15 - 12.24. (Reward Cards valid from 12.27-2.28). … read more »

Reviews Matching: Search Reviews 6 reviews for Sweet Tea's Catfish & Blues Co. Sort by: Yelp Sort | Date | Rating | Useful | Funny | Cool | Total Votes | Friends' | Elites'

Facebook Friends

From Reviewers You're FollowingReviews from Your Friends All ReviewsSweet Tea's...

Allison H.

sugar ***

Austell, GA

Compliment

Send Message

10/2/2010

Great food, really cool atmosphere, good service. I cannot put my finger on what was lacking though.

Was this review …?

Useful Funny Cool

Flag this review Bookmark Send to a Friend Link to This Review

Sweet Tea's Catfish & Blues Co.

G T.

Woodstock, GA

12/17/2010

Horrible company to do business with. Bought their Living Social deal and ordered my turkey the day it came out. When I ordered, there was no place to choose a shipping method...only a box to state whether it was for pick up or delivery. Well, I stated I wanted it delivered today, 12/17. Today I called to get an estimate time for delivery and they said I never paid shipping and my turkey was not coming. As a businees, and providing quality service to the customer, I should have been called ahead of time to be informed that there was a problem with my order as I would have been happy and willing to pay for delivery....just had no way of doing it when this first launched. Needless to say this company completely screwed me for a family function this evening without even trying to make it right. I was told they have over 500 orders...well, if you can't handle the business and treat each order personally...don'y put out anymore Groupons or Living Socials. HORRIBLE BUSINESS. Wouldn'tt take my dog to eat there!!!! STAY AWAY!!!

Because of them, my family dinner tonight has been completely messed up!!! THANKS....crapeez r us!!!

I also had the same problem as above.I live in Georgia and had the Turkey picked up and was impressed by the outside, but it was raw and bloody when I cut it on Thanksgiving day (I was soo embarrassed and disappointed).

I emailed them with photos on the Friday after Thanksgiving and called them on the Monday and I have still to get a response. They don't even have the courtesy to have someone pick up the phone...you always get a voicemail message. I am very displeased.

All companies make mistakes, but it seems that TurkeezRus is not even willing to own up to their mistakes and correct them.They have lost my business forever and I won't be giving any positive recommendations OBVIOUSLY!